SoulRiser's blog thingy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Been kind of stressed lately. Probably picking up on everyone else's stress because of all this virus stuff. I doubt I'll get it, and even if I do, I'll be fine. I've already been avoiding humans and washing my hands a bajillion times a day. It sort of mildly amuses me that everyone else is now being encouraged to do as I have always done.

At least the virus thing has caused my parents to cancel their visit for now. I was dreading that. They're pretty stressful to be around.

Also: 100th post on the forums! 30th thread! Woohoo!
Been kind of stressed lately. Probably picking up on everyone else's stress because of all this virus stuff. I doubt I'll get it, and even if I do, I'll be fine. I've already been avoiding humans and washing my hands a bajillion times a day. It sort of mildly amuses me that everyone else is now being encouraged to do as I have always done.

At least the virus thing has caused my parents to cancel their visit for now. I was dreading that. They're pretty stressful to be around.

Also: 100th post on the forums! 30th thread! Woohoo!
So from Thursday we're going into lockdown for 21 days. Unfortunately this means no leaving the house at all. Which means my previous idea of having the streets all to myself and my skates isn't going to work. It also means no going out in nature, which also sucks. Both of these activities are technically harmless and unlikely to result in any spreading of viruses.

Also I read that some guy used a drone to take his dog for a walk because he wasn't allowed out of the house himself.

It'd make more sense to just ban going far away from home, like to places where actual humans gather etc. There's huge wide open nature right around the corner from where I live, but I'm not allowed to even go there. Doesn't make sense.
So from Thursday we're going into lockdown for 21 days. Unfortunately this means no leaving the house at all. Which means my previous idea of having the streets all to myself and my skates isn't going to work. It also means no going out in nature, which also sucks. Both of these activities are technically harmless and unlikely to result in any spreading of viruses.

Also I read that some guy used a drone to take his dog for a walk because he wasn't allowed out of the house himself.

It'd make more sense to just ban going far away from home, like to places where actual humans gather etc. There's huge wide open nature right around the corner from where I live, but I'm not allowed to even go there. Doesn't make sense.
Where I live, we're allowed to go outside but everything is closed except for essential places like hospitals and grocery stores.
Where I live, we're allowed to go outside but everything is closed except for essential places like hospitals and grocery stores.
I got some more info... yeah, it's going to be similar to that here. We're allowed outside only as long as we're on our way to a place to get essential supplies (or something else essential like medical treatment). So I could theoretically skate to the shop to buy something. Nobody needs to know how much of a detour I take before I get to the shop. Giggle

Will see how it goes. Either way, should be interesting. One of those once in a lifetime unusual experiences.
I got some more info... yeah, it's going to be similar to that here. We're allowed outside only as long as we're on our way to a place to get essential supplies (or something else essential like medical treatment). So I could theoretically skate to the shop to buy something. Nobody needs to know how much of a detour I take before I get to the shop. Giggle

Will see how it goes. Either way, should be interesting. One of those once in a lifetime unusual experiences.
(03-23-2020, 11:19 PM)SoulRiser Wrote: I got some more info... yeah, it's going to be similar to that here. We're allowed outside only as long as we're on our way to a place to get essential supplies (or something else essential like medical treatment). So I could theoretically skate to the shop to buy something. Nobody needs to know how much of a detour I take before I get to the shop. Giggle

I never leave the house so I doubt much would change in my life if I wasn't allowed to leave the house. Where do you live btw? At least in the US they wouldn't be allowed to say we can't leave our house. In New Hampshire we can still leave our house and go wherever. Just 90% of the stores, restaurants, etc are closed or restricted on what they can do by the government. For example fast food places can only serve through the drive thru.
(03-23-2020, 11:19 PM)SoulRiser Wrote: I got some more info... yeah, it's going to be similar to that here. We're allowed outside only as long as we're on our way to a place to get essential supplies (or something else essential like medical treatment). So I could theoretically skate to the shop to buy something. Nobody needs to know how much of a detour I take before I get to the shop. Giggle

I never leave the house so I doubt much would change in my life if I wasn't allowed to leave the house. Where do you live btw? At least in the US they wouldn't be allowed to say we can't leave our house. In New Hampshire we can still leave our house and go wherever. Just 90% of the stores, restaurants, etc are closed or restricted on what they can do by the government. For example fast food places can only serve through the drive thru.
My childhood was one big earthquake that nobody else noticed

A few years ago, I was in Japan with a few friends. One day, there was an earthquake early in the morning while we were asleep. My roommate and I woke up, worried and wondering what to do. She said "do what the locals do!" so we looked out the window to see what the locals were doing. Nothing. No locals outside. Nobody doing anything. Just another day in Japan, just another earthquake, no big deal. Maybe the locals didn't even wake up.

That was my childhood. One big, constant earthquake. I kept wondering why I was the only one noticing the earthquake... why weren't the "locals" panicking? Why were they all acting like everything was so fine? I felt like I was the weird gaijin internally freaking out over something that's apparently perfectly normal to everyone else. I kept trying to do what the locals did... but I was never very good at it.

Those two weeks in Japan were far more fun and interesting than my entire childhood though.
My childhood was one big earthquake that nobody else noticed

A few years ago, I was in Japan with a few friends. One day, there was an earthquake early in the morning while we were asleep. My roommate and I woke up, worried and wondering what to do. She said "do what the locals do!" so we looked out the window to see what the locals were doing. Nothing. No locals outside. Nobody doing anything. Just another day in Japan, just another earthquake, no big deal. Maybe the locals didn't even wake up.

That was my childhood. One big, constant earthquake. I kept wondering why I was the only one noticing the earthquake... why weren't the "locals" panicking? Why were they all acting like everything was so fine? I felt like I was the weird gaijin internally freaking out over something that's apparently perfectly normal to everyone else. I kept trying to do what the locals did... but I was never very good at it.

Those two weeks in Japan were far more fun and interesting than my entire childhood though.