"It's just puberty" as an easy excuse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Ok kids now you have to be under our control 24/7 and follow every our order because you cannot be trusted to make your own decisions. Freedom is very destructive for you. There is only one way of getting mature  ̶  in jail under strict control. And remember: it's for your own good".
"Fuck you!"
"Oh no, how dare they say "fuck you" to us?! That's why we need more control 'cause these kids are really naughty! More violence will definitely be beneficial".

It's weird that students know better about schools than parents, teachers, ministers of education  ̶  adults in general ̶  yet we are never taken seriously and always ignored. We say "we can't learn this way, we feel sick and depressed, your expectations are just insane! Stop doing it to us!". Don't adults hear it? They probably do but do nothing  ̶  they have a magical diagnosis "puberty" which explains fucking everything from physical pain (yeah that's definitely just my body so painfully developing and not the result of endless seatwork) to even suicide (!). One smartass journalist said it's natural for a teen to feel suicidal. I wonder if he said this to devastated parents who lost their child. Would he say "it's just natural for teens to die like acne or changing mood" to a mother in sorrow? It seems like they wanna evade responsibility and then manipulate the students however they want.

Outrageous how your feelings are devaluated because of your age like "you're currently inadequate so we won't take you seriously". Feeling like shit? Hormones, will stop soon. Bullies? Kids are naturally cruel, more control will fix it. Angry about school? Y'all just want to hang out and not learn, ofcs learning is hard and unpleasant thing, school is not a damn circus to be entertaining! Teens complain because they are teens, there is no our responsibility whatsoever. The saddest thing is that it's not some narrow-minded parent's opinion, it keeps the system alive because if students were treated like adults they wouldn't take such humiliation they experience anymore.

At the same time adults love to sigh for "beautiful youth" and philosophically say something like "you should be so lucky to be young, school is your best years that's why you should appreciate it". This one actually sounds like a mockery. Very reassuring considering what kind of shit this youth brings. We don't take this as an advice to be more positive but as a warning that things are going to be even worse. I think I'm going nuts cause everyone who talks about school in a positive way makes me furious. Then I think "why is he ok and I'm not? There must be something wrong with me...".

Oh, that's not all! They want us to be responsible like adults. The thing is, that their "responsible" means "someone who knows what he is supposed to do and doesn't ask stupid questions". But in normal world you take responsibility for your choices. Question: how tf are we supposed to be responsible without any decisions to make? Back in the past teenagers could take care after themselves and actually work, no stuff like transitional age existed. But now we have a bunch of angry "adolescents" who don't do shit. The society claims you have to be schooled until 23  ̶   no choices, no responsibility.

I could talk hours about that but I have to write another scholastic crap which I was supposed to hand in a week ago. I'm sick of smart words without meaning, these abstract discursions, such a waste of time. I don't think learning has to to be fun or easy  ̶  I just want it to make sense. I tried writing a book last summer, and it was hard yet enjoyable. People whose love for learning was killed in early age won't understand, just go on saying that learning is always "violence to yourself". That's what my mum says... she's a teacher.
"Ok kids now you have to be under our control 24/7 and follow every our order because you cannot be trusted to make your own decisions. Freedom is very destructive for you. There is only one way of getting mature  ̶  in jail under strict control. And remember: it's for your own good".
"Fuck you!"
"Oh no, how dare they say "fuck you" to us?! That's why we need more control 'cause these kids are really naughty! More violence will definitely be beneficial".

It's weird that students know better about schools than parents, teachers, ministers of education  ̶  adults in general ̶  yet we are never taken seriously and always ignored. We say "we can't learn this way, we feel sick and depressed, your expectations are just insane! Stop doing it to us!". Don't adults hear it? They probably do but do nothing  ̶  they have a magical diagnosis "puberty" which explains fucking everything from physical pain (yeah that's definitely just my body so painfully developing and not the result of endless seatwork) to even suicide (!). One smartass journalist said it's natural for a teen to feel suicidal. I wonder if he said this to devastated parents who lost their child. Would he say "it's just natural for teens to die like acne or changing mood" to a mother in sorrow? It seems like they wanna evade responsibility and then manipulate the students however they want.

Outrageous how your feelings are devaluated because of your age like "you're currently inadequate so we won't take you seriously". Feeling like shit? Hormones, will stop soon. Bullies? Kids are naturally cruel, more control will fix it. Angry about school? Y'all just want to hang out and not learn, ofcs learning is hard and unpleasant thing, school is not a damn circus to be entertaining! Teens complain because they are teens, there is no our responsibility whatsoever. The saddest thing is that it's not some narrow-minded parent's opinion, it keeps the system alive because if students were treated like adults they wouldn't take such humiliation they experience anymore.

At the same time adults love to sigh for "beautiful youth" and philosophically say something like "you should be so lucky to be young, school is your best years that's why you should appreciate it". This one actually sounds like a mockery. Very reassuring considering what kind of shit this youth brings. We don't take this as an advice to be more positive but as a warning that things are going to be even worse. I think I'm going nuts cause everyone who talks about school in a positive way makes me furious. Then I think "why is he ok and I'm not? There must be something wrong with me...".

Oh, that's not all! They want us to be responsible like adults. The thing is, that their "responsible" means "someone who knows what he is supposed to do and doesn't ask stupid questions". But in normal world you take responsibility for your choices. Question: how tf are we supposed to be responsible without any decisions to make? Back in the past teenagers could take care after themselves and actually work, no stuff like transitional age existed. But now we have a bunch of angry "adolescents" who don't do shit. The society claims you have to be schooled until 23  ̶   no choices, no responsibility.

I could talk hours about that but I have to write another scholastic crap which I was supposed to hand in a week ago. I'm sick of smart words without meaning, these abstract discursions, such a waste of time. I don't think learning has to to be fun or easy  ̶  I just want it to make sense. I tried writing a book last summer, and it was hard yet enjoyable. People whose love for learning was killed in early age won't understand, just go on saying that learning is always "violence to yourself". That's what my mum says... she's a teacher.
(05-10-2020, 02:02 PM)Zuchara Wrote: "Ok kids now you have to be under our control 24/7 and follow every our order because you cannot be trusted to make your own decisions. Freedom is very destructive for you. There is only one way of getting mature  ̶  in jail under strict control. And remember: it's for your own good".
"Fuck you!"

(05-14-2020, 04:45 PM)Hello Zuchara,This is profound and insightful. I would love to hear more about the book you wrote last summer. Are you writing any new ones?GriffinT Wrote:
(05-10-2020, 02:02 PM)Zuchara Wrote: "Ok kids now you have to be under our control 24/7 and follow every our order because you cannot be trusted to make your own decisions. Freedom is very destructive for you. There is only one way of getting mature  ̶  in jail under strict control. And remember: it's for your own good".
"Fuck you!"

"Fuck you!"

(05-14-2020, 04:45 PM)Hello Zuchara,This is profound and insightful. I would love to hear more about the book you wrote last summer. Are you writing any new ones?GriffinT Wrote:
"Fuck you!"